Memoir of the Rev. Robert Murray M'Cheyne
Robert Murray M'Cheyne (1813-1843), was a Scottish minister of the Gospel. He was a man hungry for God, a man thirsting for holiness with a heart of prayer. A man that had a great influence on people wherever he went, at home and abroad. Certainly a man whose life, faith and teaching is worth imitating. He was greatly used in the revival that broke out in his church at St.Peter's. His heart prayer was - "O Lord, make as holy as a forgiven sinner can be." and, "A Holy man is a mighty weapon in the hands of God." He died at age 29, burned out for God, and never married. His closest friends from the seminary days were Horatius, Andrew and John Bonar brothers, W.C.Burns, and his teacher wonderful Thomas Chalmers.
- Login to post comments
How to purchase
|To purchase a book you need to log in to the website or create a new accout if you do not already have one. (See User login on the left).
Then return to this page and you will see purchase instructions.
Condition of Used Books
- As New is self-explanatory. It means that the book is in the state that it should have been in when it left the publisher.
- Fine (F or FN) is As New but allowing for the normal effects of time on an unused book that has been protected. A fine book shows no damage.
- Very Good (VG) describes a book that is worn but untorn. For many collectors this is the minimum acceptable condition for all but the rarest items.
- Good (G) is (as an old bookselling joke has it) not very good. It is used to describes the condition of an average used worn book that is complete.
- Fair shows wear and tear but all the text pages and illustrations or maps are present. It may lack endpapers, half-title, and even the title page.
- Poor describes a book that has the complete text but is so damaged that it is only of interest to a buyer who seeks a reading copy. If the damage renders the text illegible then the book is not even poor.
- Reprint is a newly-made photocopied reprint. The binding will vary depending on the size of the book. These reprints are made as a service to the body of Christ and the price is only to cover the cost of production.
This list is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_used_book_conditions