By My Spirit
- Login to post comments
How to purchase
|To purchase a book you need to log in to the website or create a new accout if you do not already have one. (See User login on the left).
Then return to this page and you will see purchase instructions.
Condition of Used Books
- As New is self-explanatory. It means that the book is in the state that it should have been in when it left the publisher.
- Fine (F or FN) is As New but allowing for the normal effects of time on an unused book that has been protected. A fine book shows no damage.
- Very Good (VG) describes a book that is worn but untorn. For many collectors this is the minimum acceptable condition for all but the rarest items.
- Good (G) is (as an old bookselling joke has it) not very good. It is used to describes the condition of an average used worn book that is complete.
- Fair shows wear and tear but all the text pages and illustrations or maps are present. It may lack endpapers, half-title, and even the title page.
- Poor describes a book that has the complete text but is so damaged that it is only of interest to a buyer who seeks a reading copy. If the damage renders the text illegible then the book is not even poor.
- Reprint is a newly-made photocopied reprint. The binding will vary depending on the size of the book. These reprints are made as a service to the body of Christ and the price is only to cover the cost of production.
This list is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_used_book_conditions