Sermons Preached by The Rev.George Whitefield in the High Church-Yard, Glasgow
These sermons were preached by George Whitefield at a small Scottish town of Cambuslang in 1742, during the "First Great Evangelical Revival". Hundreds of people came to put their faith in Christ Jesus as a result. George Whitefield was the man that knew God's Word and walked intimately with God, in obedience to his Word, the fruit was vividly obvious. Even as Whitefield wrote to the theological students of Cambridge and New England, " Learning without piety, will only make you more capable of promoting the kingdom of Satan." "...because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake." (1 Thessalonians 1:5 ESV)
- Login to post comments
How to purchase
|To purchase a book you need to log in to the website or create a new accout if you do not already have one. (See User login on the left).
Then return to this page and you will see purchase instructions.
Condition of Used Books
- As New is self-explanatory. It means that the book is in the state that it should have been in when it left the publisher.
- Fine (F or FN) is As New but allowing for the normal effects of time on an unused book that has been protected. A fine book shows no damage.
- Very Good (VG) describes a book that is worn but untorn. For many collectors this is the minimum acceptable condition for all but the rarest items.
- Good (G) is (as an old bookselling joke has it) not very good. It is used to describes the condition of an average used worn book that is complete.
- Fair shows wear and tear but all the text pages and illustrations or maps are present. It may lack endpapers, half-title, and even the title page.
- Poor describes a book that has the complete text but is so damaged that it is only of interest to a buyer who seeks a reading copy. If the damage renders the text illegible then the book is not even poor.
- Reprint is a newly-made photocopied reprint. The binding will vary depending on the size of the book. These reprints are made as a service to the body of Christ and the price is only to cover the cost of production.
This list is from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_used_book_conditions